Tuesday 7 August 2012

It's Raining EXP

Just a small follow-up to my recent guide on grinding post-game in Tales of Graces f. I just cleared the Zhonecage floor 9 today and was amazed at the EXP. Whenever I try something new in Tales of Graces f, I usually set the difficulty to Easy to see how things go. On floor 9 in the Zhonecage with an EXP boosting food (I used Chilli Shrimp since it's very easy to trigger; post-battle: party HP > 80%), I was getting close to 1 million EXP per battle. This meant that I was levelling up once every battle. O_o' Even if your level is considerably high, the rate at which you level up is ridiculous. I haven't checked but I'm guessing the EXP to next level caps somewhere at 1 million EXP, meaning that if you can reach that amount of EXP per battle with food and good combos, you're practically levelling up every battle. This means that the Zhonecage is now the best place to max your levels. I went from level 131 to 173 in the space of 1 hour in the Zhonecage floor 9, and I wasn't even running into battles on purpose.

On a side note, I turned in my last inn request today and entered battle with the Gentleman. He isn't really as hard as some of the other optional bosses in the game (such as the chroma guardian dragons), but that's maybe due to the fact that I was ridiculously overpowered at level 173. He has no weaknesses however, so just throw everything you have against him. Don't waste Arcane Bottles or Hourglasses on the Gentleman because he goes down fast if you get a good combo going. One thing to watch out for is when he starts walking on air. He can't be hit by melee attacks in the air, but most B-artes will still hit him like Asbel's Aurora Lotus and Incineration Wave. The Gentleman drops 2.2 million EXP (!!!) and the Genius Staff (unique weapon for Pascal, second best shotstaff after her ultimate weapon, the Staff of Expiration). You also get to pick a material for dualizing either the ultimate armor, tunic or robe in the game. You can get these materials from shops where you have maximum stamps so don't worry about picking wrongly.

11 comments: